Pier-Tech Add On Dome Observatory
- Brand: Pier-Tech
- Product Code: PTD2
- Availability: Ships 180-210 days after order
- Variable Price
The Pier-Tech Dome 2 is designed to be mounted onto an existing structure and is supplied with the following standard features:
- Galvalume construction with interlocking dome sheets providing a strong watertight design able to withstand harsh weather conditions.
- Up and over shutter design with drop down lower shutter. Lower shutter has standard gas springs to assist in lowering and raising the shutter door.
- Azimuth drive system that is composed of a helical gear reducer attached to a 3 phase motor. The motor is controlled by a variable frequency drive inverter that allows the dome rotation to accelerate and decelerate in a controlled manner.
- Upper shutter drive system that is composed of a worm gear reducer attached to a 3 phase motor. The motor is controlled by a variable frequency drive inverter that allows the dome shutter to accelerate and decelerate in a controlled manner. The use of a worm gear reducer makes it impossible for the shutter to drift under gravity influence.
- Viewing range is from horizon to 10 degrees past zenith.
- Available Sizes (diameter at the base ring):
- 8' (2.4 meter)
- 10' 6" (3.2 meters)
- 12' 6" (3.8 meters)
- 14' 6" (4.4 meters)
- 16' 6" (5.0 meters)
- 18' 6" (5.6 meters)
- Exterior finish available in 31 colors.
The standard dome comes with the following controls:
- Control box with forward / reverse azimuth control
- Upper shutter motor with standard 120 volt plug
- Manual lower shutter
Pier-Tech Walk In Dome Observatories, and Add On Dome Observatories are fabricated in their Bartlett, Illinois facility. Each dome observatory is completely assembled at the factory with the options ordered and thoroughly tested. Then the dome is disassembled and made ready for shipment.
Prices start at $19,500.00 for an 8' dome with no automation.